[macOS & Windows]
SCORDATURA FOR DORICO™ FEATURES 2 SMUFL COMPLIANT MUSIC FONTS: SCORDATURA & SCORDATURA TEXT.
Scordatura is an elegant engraver music font with a thick appearance, yet more robust than some other music fonts, but more accurately representing the look of a smooth engraved music featuring almost 2397 glyphs. Scordatura can be used for modern sophisticate Pop or Rock, Jazz Bands, Piano and Vocals, Choirs, Marching Bands, and all types of musical ensembles even Symphonies! Scordatura comes with a unique subtle individuality, but with a softer and fatter look which make it great use for school manuals and education materials. It looks fun and easy, and will not scare your students! Scordatura work with Finale v27 and Dorico™ Pro version as an alternative to Maestro and Bravura font or any other SMuFL font.
- SCORDATURA – CONSTELLATIONS
- SCORDATURA – GREEN TREES ARE BENDING
- SCORDATURA – PATHÉTIQUE PIANO SONATE
- SCORDATURA – STRAVINSKY-RITEOFSPRING-II
- SCORDATURA – THE HEBRIDES
- SCORDATURA – URBANE FILLGREE
- SCORDATURA – VIOLINI I – SECOND PART
- SCORDATURA – VIOLONCELLO – SECOND PART
- SCORDATURA – AU TOMBEAU DE RACHMANINOFF
- SCORDATURA – DORICOVERTURE
- SCORDATURA – TROMBA PICCOLO (D) – SECOND PART
- SCORDATURA – VIOLE – SECOND PART
INSTALLING SCORDATURA FONTS
It’s easy to install Scordatura fonts since they come with two installers, macOS and Windows:
APPLYING SCORDATURA FONT IN DORICO™ PRO
When running Dorico, it will find the new metadata file and will make an entry for the font in its list of available music fonts. However, to use the Scordatura font:
- Open a Dorico score,
- Go to Engrave mode (Ctrl+3 or Cmd+3), click on the Engrave > Music Fonts menu option,
- In the dialog window that appears, click on the name of the font in the list, then click the button “Change Music Font” select Scordatura to apply the font to your open score project
- Again, Engrave > Font Styles… > Font Style to “Default Music Text Font” choose: Scordatura Text
You can optionally check or uncheck the box to use the recommended engraving options; click “OK”, you’ll notice that your score project is taking effect of the changes with the newly selected Scordatura font.
In case you want to make “Scordatura” font as your default music font when opening Dorico, please contact us, we will be happy to show you how to do it.
APPLYING SCORDATURA FONTS IN FINALE™ v27
Finale v27 will load any SMuFL font, as long as the *document* is a new SMuFL-compliant document. Old .musx files can’t be converted at present, without exporting/importing XML into a new document. So, in order to use Scordatura SMuFL font in Finale v27, you will need to export your old files as .xml / .musicxml then import the xml file again and then set default music font to ‘Scordatura’.