[macOS & Windows]
SCORDATURA FOR DORICO™ FEATURES 2 SMUFL COMPLIANT MUSIC FONTS: SCORDATURA & SCORDATURA TEXT.
Scordatura is an elegant engraver music font with a thick appearance, yet more robust than some other music fonts, but more accurately representing the look of a smooth engraved music featuring almost 2397 glyphs. Scordatura can be used for modern sophisticate Pop or Rock, Jazz Bands, Piano and Vocals, Choirs, Marching Bands, and all types of musical ensembles even Symphonies! Scordatura comes with a unique subtle individuality, but with a softer and fatter look which make it great use for school manuals and education materials. It looks fun and easy, and will not scare your students! Scordatura works with Dorico™ Pro version as an alternative to Bravura font.
- SCORDATURA – CONSTELLATIONS
- SCORDATURA – GREEN TREES ARE BENDING
- SCORDATURA – PATHÉTIQUE PIANO SONATE
- SCORDATURA – STRAVINSKY-RITEOFSPRING-II
- SCORDATURA – THE HEBRIDES
- SCORDATURA – URBANE FILLGREE
- SCORDATURA – VIOLINI I – SECOND PART
- SCORDATURA – VIOLONCELLO – SECOND PART
- SCORDATURA – AU TOMBEAU DE RACHMANINOFF
- SCORDATURA – DORICOVERTURE
- SCORDATURA – TROMBA PICCOLO (D) – SECOND PART
- SCORDATURA – VIOLE – SECOND PART
INSTALLING SCORDATURA FONTS
It’s easy to install Scordatura fonts since they come with two installers, macOS and Windows:
APPLYING SCORDATURA FONT IN DORICO™ PRO
When running Dorico, it will find the new metadata file and will make an entry for the font in its list of available music fonts. However, to use the Scordatura font:
- Open a Dorico score,
- Go to Engrave mode (Ctrl+3 or Cmd+3), click on the Engrave > Music Fonts menu option,
- In the dialog window that appears, click on the name of the font in the list, then click the button “Change Music Font” select Scordatura to apply the font to your open score project
- Again, Engrave > Font Styles… > Font Style to “Default Music Text Font” choose: Scordatura Text
You can optionally check or uncheck the box to use the recommended engraving options; click “OK”, you’ll notice that your score project is taking effect of the changes with the newly selected Scordatura font.
In case you want to make “Scordatura” font as your default music font when opening Dorico, please contact us, we will be happy to show you how to do it.