[macOS & Windows]
SCORDATURA FOR DORICO & FINALE V27 FEATURE 2 SMUFL COMPLIANT MUSIC FONTS: SCORDATURA & SCORDATURA TEXT.
Scordatura is an elegant engraver music font with a thick appearance, yet more robust than some other music fonts, but more accurately representing the look of smooth engraved music. Scordatura can be used for modern sophisticated Pop or Rock, Jazz Bands, Piano and Vocals, Choirs, Marching Bands, and all types of musical ensembles even Symphonies! Scordatura comes with a unique subtle individuality, but with a softer and fatter look which makes it a great use for school manuals and education materials. It looks fun and easy, and will not scare your students! Scordatura work with Finale v27 and Dorico™ Pro version as an alternative to Maestro and Bravura font or any other SMuFL font.
- SCORDATURA – CONSTELLATIONS
- SCORDATURA – GREEN TREES ARE BENDING
- SCORDATURA – PATHÉTIQUE PIANO SONATE
- SCORDATURA – STRAVINSKY-RITEOFSPRING-II
- SCORDATURA – THE HEBRIDES
- SCORDATURA – URBANE FILLGREE
- SCORDATURA – VIOLINI I – SECOND PART
- SCORDATURA – VIOLONCELLO – SECOND PART
- SCORDATURA – AU TOMBEAU DE RACHMANINOFF
- SCORDATURA – DORICOVERTURE
- SCORDATURA – TROMBA PICCOLO (D) – SECOND PART
- SCORDATURA – VIOLE – SECOND PART
INSTALLING SCORDATURA FONTS
It’s easy to install Scordatura fonts since they come with two installers, macOS and Windows.
APPLYING SCORDATURA FONT IN DORICO™ PRO
When running Dorico, it will find the new metadata file and will make an entry for the font in its list of available music fonts. However, to use the Scordatura font:
- Open a Dorico score,
- Go to Engrave mode (Ctrl+3 or Cmd+3), click on the Engrave > Music Fonts menu option,
- In the dialog window that appears, click on the name of the font in the list, then click the button “Change Music Font” and select Scordatura to apply the font to your open score project
- Again, Engrave > Font Styles… > Font Style to “Default Music Text Font” choose: Scordatura Text
You can optionally check or uncheck the box to use the recommended engraving options; click “OK”, and you’ll notice that your score project is taking effect of the changes with the newly selected Scordatura font.
Changing the Music Font in Finale v27
Go to Document > Set Default Music Font… select Scordatura font and click OK.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Stems connections can be misaligned after converting the default music font to a SMuFL-based font, for more info on how to fix this issue click here.